Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Is it possible to display a grid with X- and Y-axis headers?
posted

Hi,

I would like to make a table to display data in, with headers along both the X and Y axes, instead of just the X axis like a typical ultragrid.  The values in the cells would just be boolean - matching up certain X and Y values together.  (The X's in the cells would represent True, empty cells are False)

Here's an example:

X Val 1 X Val 2 X Val 3 X Val 4
Y Val 1  X      
Y Val 2    X    X
Y Val 3      X  X
Y Val 4    X  X  

Is this possible to do with the ultragrid?

It could potentially work for me to use the row selectors for my Y values if I can write my own text in them.

I also had thought about turning off the row selectors, and just using the first column in my grid for the Y values (and making it so selecting a cell in that column would select the whole row).

Both of these seem like hacks to me, and I'm afraid they'd just lead to more trouble than they are really worth.

Does anyone know if there's a way to set up the grid in this manner? 

Does anyone know of another control that would be better suited for this?

Thanks!

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

There are no built-in row headers in the grid. Either of the solutions you suggest here seem perfectly reasonable to me, though.

Personally, I would probably go with a column, rather than try to use the RowSelectors. Using the RowSelectors is possible, but it won't be able to do some thing that a regular column can do like sorting or auto-sizing. 

Children