Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraWinGrid - UltraDataSource - List<>
posted
Hi,I'm having a bit of problem conceptualize this.  I have a List<> where I need to pivot its collection and bind them to the grid.  Using UltraDatasource and manually pivot the item in List<> make sense, but what about databinding?  Changing value on the Grid doesn't reflect it back to the item in the List<>.  Am I understand the use of UltraDataSource wrongly or I’m missing something?Many thanks,Billy

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hi,

How exactly are you using the UltraDataSource in this case? What I would do is use it in On-Demand mode. You can take a look at the Million Rows sample to see how this works. Basically, you can set up the pivoted data structure in the UltraDataSource and bind it to the grid. Then you will need to handle events of the UltraDataSource compoment to provide it with data from the list and also to update the list when the data in the UDS is changed. 

Children