Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Ribbon and VS2008 - Win Forms
posted

Hi,

I am using the Ribbon menu, in place designer under VS2008 and experienced some weired behaviour.

Using the "In Place Designer" I've created two tabs each having a couple of Groups. I ran the application and looked OK. Then I went in the "Custom property Pages" and and start changing titles and labels. Everything was OK and the editor responded as expected. After changing those captions I ran again the aplication to see how does look. I had the surprise the ribbon actually showed the same interface as was at the first compilation/run. No matter how many changes I do in the "Custom Property Pages", it is not reflected at the run time.

If I close the Form - Design and open it again, my crafted captions and Groups are gone, the form goes back to the configuration at the first compilation. It looks that the changes I made don`t get saved after the first compilation.

I thought I am doing something wrong so I started the VS 2005 and repeate the operations. Everything works like a charm, no hidden surprises.

Is anybody having an ideea what is the cause of this problem?

Here is the configuration:

Ribbon is hosted on a MDI form.

VS2008 - SP1

Infragistics: NetAdvantage_20071_CLR2X_HotFix_1067 installed  

Thanks,

Octavian

Parents
No Data
    posted

When the designer gets into the state where it will not save the toolbars manager changes, does it also not save changes to other control on the form or changes to the Form itself. If so, this is a bug that was fixed in version 7.3. Unfortunately, 7.1 is no longer supported, so the bug fix cannot be moved back to that version and you will have to upgrade to get the fix. If you can only upgrade to 7.2, you can report the issue to the support group and reference issue BR29198: http://ko.infragistics.com/gethelp.

However, if only the toolbars manager's changes are not being saved, but changes to other controls are being saved, this is a new bug and I would recommend submitting it to the support group with the link above. In this case, you would also have to upgrade to a newer version to get the fix.

Children