Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Check box on a column header
posted

Could you have a checkbox on a column header instead of a string that will be clickable? Or if this is not possible is there a way to make the column headers row to behave like a regular row? My data soiurce is a data table and I will like not to get rid of the headers but be able to show them as a regular row? 

I can't recall how to remove " Drag a column header here to group by that column" from the grid. It is not the caption, is soemthing else that I can't remember. 

Thanks!

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

mfaina said:
     Could you have a checkbox on a column header instead of a string that will be clickable? Or if this is not possible is there a way to make the column headers row to behave like a regular row? My data soiurce is a data table and I will like not to get rid of the headers but be able to show them as a regular row? 

Column headers are not editable and the grid doesn't have any support for making them so. If you want to put checkboxes into a column header, check out this KB article:  HOWTO:How do I add a CheckBox to a WinGrid column header?

mfaina said:
    I can't recall how to remove " Drag a column header here to group by that column" from the grid. It is not the caption, is soemthing else that I can't remember. 

That's the GroupByBox. You can turn this off in a number of ways - it depends how you turned it on. You probably need to set th grid.DisplayLayout.ViewStyleBand. Or maybe grid.DisplayLayout.GroupByBox.Hidden. 

Children