Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
NumericEditor - arrays - events
posted

Hi everyone!

Here is my request for help. I have several UltraNumericEditors on the same form and I want to change the same property once I click on one of the RigthButton, for ALL the NumericEditors.

So far I've tried the following code, and no luck! It only works with the caller...

Private Sub MV_EditorButtonClick(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Infragistics.Win.UltraWinEditors.EditorButtonEventArgs) Handles UltraNumericEditor_MV_1.EditorButtonClick, UltraNumericEditor_MV_2.EditorButtonClick

If e.Button.Key = "Def" Then
e.Button.Editor.Value = 0.05
End If

Dim stateButton As EditorButton = CType(e.Button, EditorButton)

For Each ctrl As Control In Me.Controls
 If TypeOf (ctrl) Is UltraNumericEditor Then
 DirectCast(sender, UltraNumericEditor).BackColor = Color.Wheat
  Select Case stateButton.Text
   Case "Meters"
    stateButton.Text = "Feet"
   Case "Feet"
    stateButton.Text = "Inches"
   Case "Inches"
    stateButton.Text = "Meters"
  End Select
 Else
  DirectCast(sender, UltraNumericEditor).BackColor = Color.CadetBlue
 End If
Next
End Sub

1) The code above won't work "as is" unless I replace "ctrl" with "sender" (???), I mean Typeof Ctrl does not recognize the UltraNumericEditor type.
2) If I use "sender", then it works, but only changes the properties of the NumericEditor that was selected

What am I doing wrong?

In short, what I want is to click on the RighButton of one of the NumericEditors and change the text to ALL at once.

Thanks in advance!

Gus

Parents Reply Children