Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraDropDown Functionality
posted

I haven't been able to find the following functionality:

• A property like the DropDownStyle of the UltraCombo.
  • An event like the ItemNotInList of the UltraCombo.

Is there any way of achiving this with the UltraDropDown or do I need to switch to an UltraCombo. This is used as the ValueList for a column of an UltraGrid.

Thanks, Dave

Parents
    posted

Further clarification.

I have several cells in my UltraGrid that use dropdown selection. These need two different sets of functionality.

• These need to limit the user to selecting only items from the list so the need for DropDownStyle.
    • These need to allow the user to enter new values and when they leave the cell to be able to prompt them to find out if they really want to save the new value.

Since I didn't see any way to do this with an UltraDropDown I switched to an UltraCombo. This isn't working either because:

• Setting the DropDownStyle has no effect. Both options result in being able to enter a new value.
    • The ItemNotInList event never fires. Instead, when I attempt to leave a cell where a new value has been entered I get a popup error message stating "Unable to update the data value: Value could not be converted to System.Int32." It appears that maybe the underlying data in the datasource is being updated before the event can fire.

Thanks, Dave

Reply Children