Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Checkbox in column header
posted

Hello,

I am utilizing a sample project that I found on KnowledgeBase;

http://devcenter.infragistics.com/Support/KnowledgeBaseArticle.aspx?ArticleID=4883

The issue that I am having is that when the grid is in groupBy mode, when checking the checkbox for any boolean column not all values in that column are checked off like you would expect. I like that only the boolean column in the group that i click in gets updated, however the checkbox for the boolean column in every group gets checked and not its values. Is this a bug in the sample code provided? Can someone help me with this issue. Thanks.

Adrian

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi Adrian,

Yes, this appears to be a bug in the sample. What's happening is that the sample is storing the state of the CheckBox in the Tag property of the Column Header. Since the column header applies to the entire column across all islands of data, it stays in synch across the whole grid. 

You should Submit an incident to Infragistics Developer Support so they can get this fixed. 

What really needs to happen here is, everywhere the code is referencing the Tag property of the column header, it needs to store this information in a different place. One option would be to use the Tag property on the Rows collection. The problem with this is that the CheckState of all columns would then share the same CheckState. So checking the Boolean 1 column would also check Boolean 2 and vice versa. So that would work if you only had one boolean column, but it won't work for multiple column. So the real soltuion is to create some sort of structure that stores the checked state based on both the RowsCollection and the column and use that. Perhaps a Dictionary or a HashTable where the key is some object that combines the Column and the Rows collection and the value is the CheckState.

Children