Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Recursive dataset vs display layout.
posted
Hi, I have data set with data table that has recursive child / parent relationship. In grid connected to my datasource (using datamember) I have changed lots of display layout properties of the grid in design view, also I have couple of columns with UltraTextEditors (URLs) and buttons style columns. Also I have couple of click events connected to these columns. The problem is that my child expanded grid doesn't respect (pick's up) these changes, it behaves as I didn't change anything. Is there some property to propagate changed layout to child grids (added by data relation), and also events? I thought that it is the same grid and therefore it uses the same display layout? Please advise. Many thanks, Igor
Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi,

If you want the grid to maintain the layout from design-time to run-time, then you have to make sure the data structure you set up at design-time matches exactly with the data source at run-time. In a recursive situation, this is probably not possible, since there are an indefinate number of levels in the hierarchy. You couldn't possibly set up every level of child band.

So I'd recommend using the InitializeLayout event of the grid to loop through the bands collection and apply any band-level settings at run-time.

Children