Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Testing the UltraTabbedMdiManager
posted

I have a composit application, not CAB, and I add forms as MdiChildren and they show up and behave as expected with the TabbedMdiManager at runtime. However, I am also writing extensive unit / interaction tests on my UI and I have run into a snag.

In my test code:

_applicationShell = new ApplicationShell();

StubPresenter presenter1 = new StubPresenter("One");
            StubPresenter presenter2 = new StubPresenter("Two");
            StubPresenter presenter3 = new StubPresenter("Three");

MdiTabs tabs = new MdiTabs(_applicationShell);

tabs.OpenScreen(presenter1);
            tabs.OpenScreen(presenter2);
            tabs.OpenScreen(presenter3);

Assert.AreEqual(presenter3.View, tabs.SelectedControl);

tabs.ActivateSubject(presenter2.Subject);

Assert.AreSame(presenter2.View, tabs.SelectedControl);

After tabs.OpenScreen(...) is called, the MdiParent (_applicationShell) has 3 MdiChildren, however the UltraTabbedMdiManager has 0 tab groups and no tabs. 

The form never actually displays during this test, but that shouldn't affect the functionallity of the tabbedmdimanager should it? I am I just missing something obvious here?

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

I managed to get the screens to show up in the tests, I had to show the window containing the TabbedMdiManager. My next problem is that I have a class that is derived from MdiTab that holds a little bit of extra information pertaining to each view. Is there a way that I can retrieve the "ActiveTab" as an instance of my derived type? Casting and safe castin both fail. So I am open to suggestions.

Children