Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Linq fans, anyone how-to bind at design-time
posted
I'm a big fan of Linq, and use it a lot because I like its ability to code against in a natural c# kind of way. One thing I don't like, however, and maybe this is just me being thick or stupid, but I haven't found a way to specify it as the data-source at design time for the purpose of customizing my column appearances etc. Anybody else tackled this with more success than myself? I found I could specify the linq to sql class in "add Project Data Source" (in the context menu for the grid), but this resulted in a grid based on the internal class metadata, not the table columns. Thx, Bob Graham
Parents
    Offline posted

I use Linq to Sql and UltraGrid a lot. I do just as you said. I add a project data source and I get a binding source in my form. Ofcourse, this won't put the data itself on the grid when you run the app, but this is how any object data source work.

In your form, use the load event to load data and put it in BindingSource.DataSource.

Reply Children