Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Draw custom control above WinGrid headers
posted

I currently need to customize the WinGrid so that above certain sections of the header I can add my own custom control. The custom control must be drawn over grouped items just as they are in the image.

I have seen examples in the Infragistics Help Documents where using the different UIElements this was possible however the new objects were always drawn inside the grid.

Is it possible to use the the same methods to create the layout in my example picture? If so what are some of the steps I would have to take? 

Parents
No Data
    posted

I don't think that there's going to be any easy way of doing this while getting it to appear within the borders of the grid.  If you don't care about it being within the contents of the grid, you could simply place a panel above the grid and sync the widths of the control areas to the widths of the various columns (i.e. by listening to the AfterColPosChanged event).  I'm not sure that using a creation filter would work properly with this due to all the scrolling/placement logic, but it may be worth a try; if so, you'll find the UIElementViewer handy.

-Matt

Children