Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
No ActiveRow after delete
posted
Hi, i have a simple problem, but i'm not able to solve it (in a simple way, without BeforeRowsDeleted, AfterRowsDeleted etc...) Is there a possibility to have always an active row? After deletion of the active row, the user is not able to press delete again, because ActiveRow == null. First he has to click into the grid, then he can delete the next row. The System.Windows.Forms.TreeView control selects the next node after deletion. How can i change this behavior? thanks,
Parents
    posted

The code below is what I did to partially solve this problem. DataAccess.DeleteRow is a method that deletes the row from the database and the dataset that is bound to the grid. 

I thinki that if Inragistics spent more time making their existing code do what it should do, instead of adding features, we wouldn't need hacks like this. 

void M3EditableGrid_BeforeRowsDeleted(object sender, BeforeRowsDeletedEventArgs e)

{

UltraGridRow[ rows = e.Rows;

if (rows.Length > 0 && RemoveButton != null)

{

foreach (UltraGridRow row in rows)

{

if (row.HasPrevSibling())

_previousRow = row.GetSibling(SiblingRow.Previous);

else

_previousRow = row.ParentRow;

DataAccess.DeleteRow(row, (DataSet)this.DataSource);

}

}

else

e.Cancel = true;

}

void M3EditableGrid_AfterRowsDeleted(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

if (_previousRow != null)

{

_previousRow.Activate();

}

UpdateButtons(); ;

this.Focus();

}

Reply Children