Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Controls VERY Slow in VS2008
posted

Hi :

I installed the Demo version of the NetAdvantage Winforms product and created a form with four (4) controls on it (no code behind):  two numeric, one date control and one combo box (bound to a local datatable).

When I ran the project in the IDE, it was VERY slow loading.  In fact, you could see it "paint" the controls on the form.  I even tried to run the EXE outside of the IDE, but it, too, was very slow painting the form.

We are evaluating the product to see if it fits our needs in developing Winforms applications in VS2008.  My concern is that if it is this slow with only four (4) controls on the form (and no code), what will the performance be when we have over 100 controls on the form and code behind?

Any help would be appreciated.

Parents
No Data
    posted

This is definitely not normal behavior, though I don't know what could be causing this.  If you can attach a sample project to your post (through the Options tab when you reply), I can take a look at it to see if anything is going wrong.  You could also contact Developer Support to see if they're aware of anything that be causing this issue.

Does removing the binding cause the form to respond normally?  Does the same thing happen if you bind in-box .NET controls to your DataTable instead?

-Matt

Children