Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
NullReferenceException
posted

Hi,

Occasionally I am seeing this in the logs of our application.  I'm guessing from the UltraFormattedTextEditor since we make heavy use of that in various places.

I don't have any more information about what is causing it since it has only happened on users machines and I haven't been able to recreate this as yet.  The call stack doesn't provide much of an insight either.

I was wondering if anyone had seen similar before or had any ideas as to the potential cause?  I appreciate there isn't alot to go on here, but currently this is all the information I have hence the post.

Thanks

Chris

===exception===
System.NullReferenceException
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

===callstack===
   at Infragistics.Win.FormattedLinkLabel.CaretUIElement.Stop()
   at Infragistics.Win.FormattedLinkLabel.FormattedLinkEditor.OnControlFoucsStateChanged(Boolean focusReceived)
   at Infragistics.Win.FormattedLinkLabel.FormattedLinkEditor.OnControlLostFocus(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnLostFocus(EventArgs e)
   at Infragistics.Win.UltraControlBase.OnLostFocus(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    posted

From the call stack, it looks like you're using multiple threads.  If this is the case, you need to make sure that you are specifically marshalling all calls that can affect the UI back to the main thread using an Invoke call; this includes changing the value of a control.

-Matt

Children