Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraExplorerBar (Nav Pane) - How to set text of currently selected group when collapsed
posted

Hello!

I have an UltraExplorerBar. I set it to style of Outlook Navigation Pane (basically looked at the Collapsible Navigation Pane example and played with it).

When the bar is collapsed, it shows the words "Navigation Pane" (horizantally) in the thin bar. Clicking on this will draw a flyout with the current groups controls. I'm looking to change this text to something other than "Navigation Pane". I noticed in the sample if Customers is selected, it will say Customers, etc, but I can't seem to track down where that is set. Any suggestions?

While I'm typing, is there a way to disable the flyout and make it so when you click on that text it just expands the navigation pane instead of displaying the flyout? (I don't like how it works really, it expands the flyout past the size of the application window). I'd just like to disable it altogether and if the user clicks on it, it'll just expand the bar so they can see it in "full view" again.

Thanks much in advance!

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Search the source for "NavigationPaneCollapsedGroupAreaText" and you'll find the line of code that sets the property. It is exposed by the UltraExplorerBarGroupSettings class, which is the type of the UltraExplorerBar.GroupSettings and UltraExplorerBarGroup.Settings properties.

Children