Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Blank child band in multi-band grid.
posted

Hi.

Recently i've encountered some kind of strange behavior in multi-band grid.

I'm using databound grid, with simple List<> as datasource. Each element of the list might (and usually does) contain additional List<>, which contents displayed as child band. This is not limited to only one level. The problem is that fourth (and deeper) level bands displayed as blank row (no empty cells, just blank space) when expanded, either programatically or using expansion in UI. Only after I click one of the bands in the grid, all four level bands become instantly visible. The data is most surely present. I've also tried to call row.Activate and row.Update methods on InitializeRow event.

Your help will be most appreciated since this issue is driving me nuts.

Thanks.

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Make sure you have the latest Hot Fix. There was a known bug where the grid would stop showing fata after the third level in a recursive data source.

If that doesn't help, it may be a problem with the data source, itself. The BindingManager will get the data structure from the Current row of data - which is ususally the first row. This means that the BindingManager will walk down the rows starting with the first row, and it's first child row, and it's first child row, etc.

If the lists for any of those rows returns null, then the BindingManager will be unable to determine the data strcuture past that point, since there is no row there it can use to determine the properties.

Reply Children