Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Unable to access UltraGrid Designer and Quick Start
posted

I just upgraded from INF2008v1 to INF2008v3.  At the same time I upgraded my project to use the .Net 3.5 framework.  When I attempted to modify some UltraGrid settings I found that I could not right click the grid to access the UltraGrid Designer.  I attempted to add a new form to the project and drag an UltraGrid control to the form.  When I did the control did not appear on the form but in the control area at the bottom of VS2008.  No matter what I did I was unable to get the grid in the form.

To test I created a new project with a new form.  I then attempted to drag an UltraGrid control to the form which it worked as usual and along with that came the Quick Start Wizard.

On my existing project I went through all the forms that had UltraGrids on it and all of them give me same conditions as described at the start of this post.

Might anyone have any suggestions short of me having to move all my code to a new project?

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    posted

With the assistance of Ashok in support this issue was resolved.  I was instructed to upgrade the project again using the Project Upgrade Utility.  After upgrading they always suggest you clear out the bin folder.  I had done this before but not all files within the bin folder because some of the files is XML documents that is default look and feel when the user opens forms with grids on them.  I was clearing out all files except XML documents, but it appears that other XML documents are associated with the project.  So when I cleared out all files expect my custom XML documents the issue cleared up.

Hats off to the support team at Infragistics.  Of all the software I use they by far have the best customer support.

Children