Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Tabrepeat functionality
posted

I want my Ultragrid to add a new row when i tab while being in the last cell of the last row with my cursor. Now i know that Ultragrid supports this by default with TabRepeat. Unfortunately my grid can't add rows because i use a List as a Datasource (Nhibernate). To still allow adding of rows i made a function myself that adds a new record. Now i want to mimic the functionality of TabRepeat using this function.

I tried to search for the TabRepeat event but i can't find it so i started looking into the KeyPressed event. I managed to check if the tab key is pressed using the following check:

if (e.KeyChar == '\t')

However i have no idea how to check if the ActiveCell is the last cell. Any help will be appriciated.

Parents
    posted

Thanks for the reply guys. This is how the event is looking now:

private void dgvOverview_KeyPress(object sender, KeyPressEventArgs e)
            {
                if (e.KeyChar == '\t' && dgvOverview.ActiveCell.Column.Header.VisiblePosition == 3 && dgvOverview.ActiveRow.Index == dgvOverview.Rows.Count - 1)
                {
                    MessageBox.Show("Execute new row function");
                }
            }

This event triggers just fine when i press tab in the last column at the last row. However it also triggers when i press tab to go from the 2nd column to the last column at the last row. Any idea's how i can get the event to trigger only when i press tab while begin in the last column?

Btw nsmith555: I tried using dgvOverview.ActiveCell.Column.Tag.ToString() == "Status" but somehow it gives me a nullpointer exception when i enter the last column. I don't understand why because i do have an activecell since the code above works just fine.

Reply Children