Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraDropDown without grid-like drop down
posted

I have a grid that has one column that needs a drop down list.  The values in the list for each row is a subset of larger global list - the exact list is determined by an external control and what is selected in other rows for the same column (no duplicates allowed), and of course there is a separate display value shown from the actual value internally.  After digging around these forums for a while, I eventually implemented this by having an UltraDropDown and setting that as the ValueList of the column, and using ColumnFilters on the UltraDropDown to filter down to what that specific row can have.

The problem I'm having is the look-and-feel of the drop down.  The drop down looks like another grid.  I can set some settings to hide the header, hide the extra columns, etc, but in the end it is still a grid that is being dropped down.  Our application is heavily styled, so this drop down is very different than others in the app.

Is there any way to actually make this look like a normal drop down?  If not, is there another way to achieve this functionality (the filtered list per cell) without resorting to multiple lists?  I know of a way to somewhat mimize the number of lists I need, but don't see another way around it besides the UltraDropDown that has this style issue.

Parents Reply Children