Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Problems with UltraGrid GroupBy Column with ValueList
posted

Hello,

I have an UltraGrid where some Columns display their contents with ValueLists and ComboBoxes.

Now I have three problems with this constellation:

1.) When grouping by this Column, the group-band doesn't display the DisplayMember, but the ValueMember this means it displays e.g. the ID and not the Name of the selected Value of this group (e.g. Name: -1 (98 items)

2.) When the content is grouped by this column and this column is also shown in the grid, so that I can change this value, when changing the value of this combobox this record isn't moved to the new group. That means when the grid is grouped by the Name and I change the name, that this record still stays in the old group

3.) How can I translate the string (x items) in the group-band? I have translated all the ResourceStrings including "AllRowsFilteredOut", but I still see the english string.

I hope you can help me.

Regards,

Patrick

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi Patrick,

Pedde said:
    1.) When grouping by this Column, the group-band doesn't display the DisplayMember, but the ValueMember this means it displays e.g. the ID and not the Name of the selected Value of this group (e.g. Name: -1 (98 items)

I think you need to update to the latest Hot Fix. I'm pretty sure this is a known bug that was fixed a while ago. You can download hot fixes for products you own here: My Infragistics Keys and Downloads - Download Anything and Everything You Own

Pedde said:
    2.) When the content is grouped by this column and this column is also shown in the grid, so that I can change this value, when changing the value of this combobox this record isn't moved to the new group. That means when the grid is grouped by the Name and I change the name, that this record still stays in the old group

This is done intentionally, because it would be pretty weird for a user to type into a field and click away only to find that the row they were clicking away from just moved to a new location.So it is left up to you, the developer, to decide when you want to re-group.

You can do this in one of two ways:

1. Call RefreshSortPosition on the row to just move that individual row to it's new place.
    2. Call band.SortedColumns.Refresh to re-sort (and re-group) everything in the band. 

Pedde said:
    3.) How can I translate the string (x items) in the group-band? I have translated all the ResourceStrings including "AllRowsFilteredOut", but I still see the english string.

Not sure what you mean by group-band, but I think you might be talking about the GroupByRow. You can change the text no the GroupByRow using the GroupByRowDescriptionMask property. Or, if you want even more control, you can handle the InitializeGroupByRow event of the grid and set the Description property of the row to any text you want.

Children