Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Using one UltraDataSource for multiple UltraGrids
posted

I am working on a screen which will handle viewing a certain entity. This entity is rather large. Say 45+ fields/properties.

The data of this entity is catagorized and we want to display its data per category. So i have created a tabbed environment in which each tab represents a certain catagory. Each tab contains a UltraGrid which will display its data (im actually showing x entity's at the same time).

Now what i want to do is load all the entity's from database once and then display a different subset of the data in each grid (tab). How can i go about doing this using the UltraDataSource?

Can i apply the same datasource to each ultragrid and specify which column it should or should not show? And would i do this on the ultradatasource level, or do i need to handle this on the grid level?

Any thoughts, suggestions?

Parents
    Offline posted

Hi,

You could bind the grid directly to your data source and use the ColumnFilters in the grid to filter each grid such that only the rows with a particular category value are displayed.

I'm not sure why you would use the UltraDataSource here, though. If you already have the data on the client in some kind of data source like a DataTable, then there is really no reason for you to use the UltraDataSource. Unless you want to load the data on-demand.

Reply Children