Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Sorting child nodes using NodeLevelOverrides
posted

Hi,

I have a requirement to sort only nodes at level 1.  Actually the tree has nodes up to 3 levels.  I am setting the UltraTree.NodeLevelOverrides[1].Sort = SortType.Ascending.  But after clicking on the column header, when all the nodes are in collapsed state, 0 level nodes are sorted.  After expanding root nodes (0 level nodes), if we click on the header, root nodes are not sorted but first level nodes and second level nodes are sorted.  Is there any other property i need to set in addition to nodeleveloverride.

Sriram Sarma.

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

The sort property on the NodeLevelOverrides is only use when sorting nodes that are in Standard ViewStyle. When you are using a style that has columns, the column sorting is used.

So you need to use the AllowSorting property on the ColumnSet. If your tree is bound and you are allowing the tree to generate the ColumnSets automatically, then the ColumnSetGenerated event is probably a good place to do this.

Children