Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Columns resizing after hide/visible process
posted

Hi all,

I have a problem with wingrid (version 9.1 Hotfix 1). In my application I can dynamically hide and visualize columns. I'm not using the column chooser, but a self programmed form. When I hide a column and then visualize it again, all new visualized columns are sized to a minimum width (it seems). This behavior wasn't in 8.3!

Regards

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hiding a column should not affect the size of any other column, unless maybe you are using the AutoFitStyle. I fyou are using AutoFitStyle, then hiding a column will cause the other columns to expand to fill the extra space and thus every column will get bigger. When you re-show the hidden column, it will now be proportionally smaller than the other columns (since they all got bigger).

But this behavior is the same in every version. If you are seeing some difference in behavior between v8.3 and v9.1, then it sounds like something is wrong. Can you duplicate the behavior in a small sample project?

Children