Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Sorting Child Nodes
posted

I am looking for a way to sort only certain Child nodes.

Example Tree:  The top level categories should be manually sorted while the items should be in alpha order.

• Most Common Items
    • Item 1
    • Item 2
    • Item 3
  • Less Common Items
    • Item 4
    • Item 5
    • Item 6
  • Other Items
    • Item 7 

I originally set the .Override.Sort property to the category nodes to Ascending but that didn't appear to have any effect. I have also tried to use columnsets but even with manually clicking on the column headers sorting never changed.  The direction arrow flipped but the data never moved.  I am using 2007 vol 3.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

I think Frans is thinking of UltraWinGrid. UltraWinTree doesn't have "bands".

The solution to your problem is to use a different Override. The Override on the tree control affects all the nodes in the tree. But there are also Overrides on the Nodes collection. So what you would do is set the Sort property on the nodes collection of each parent node instead of on the tree's override.

Children