Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
SaveSettings issue..
posted

Hello again,

first of all I am sorry for the bad subject, but I don't know how to descripe my problem in a few words. I am using the UltraWinExplorerBar with SaveSettings = true. The user can change the image of each icon using a contextmenu on each item. This image is restored when the user restart the application.

Now I have the problem, that one group contains items which are created at runtime. Which icons should be placed within a group is set in a database. When the user starts the application and is allowed to see all items there is no problem. But when he closes the application and restarts it again those items where created automatically. When I change the permissions of the user, he should only see a few items, but all where created because they have been saved in the previous session.

Is there a way to tell the UltraWinExplorerBar, that only items that were added in design-time should be restored, all other items should be ignored?

Thanks,
Stefan

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    posted

Stefan,

There is no way to specify which UltraExplorerBar groups and items to save when callign SaveAsXml or SaveAsBinary.  What you could do is, before calling these methods, removing the items that you added programatically so that when you do call a Save method there are no longer there and taken into account.

~Kim~

Children