Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Differences between the files in "Bin" directory and "Bin - Signed"
posted

Hi,

I installed infragistics winform 2009.1,

after installation, I found there are 2 directories in "XXX\Infragistics\NetAdvantage for .NET 2009.1\Windows Forms",

one is "BIn", another is "Bin - Signed".

which files should I use? what are the differences?

Thank you very much!

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    posted

The "Bin - Signed" directory includes files that are digitally-signed (through VeriSign) by Infragistics.  The files are otherwise identical to what is in the "Bin" folder.

You would generally use the files from this directory if you have a requirement to use only digitally-signed assemblies.  Vista Logo Certification has this requirement, for example.

If you don't have a specific need to use the digitally-signed files, I recommend against using them.  The files from the "Bin" folder are used by default.

Accessing a digitally-signed file requires verification against the signing agency's Certificate Revocation List (CRL), which at best incurs a minor performance hit.  See the following article from our online Knowledge Base for more details, including ways to mitigate this performance hit:
    FAQ:  Digital Signing of assemblies in NetAdvantage for .NET 2007 Volume 1 for CLR 2.0

Children