Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Docked panel still has input focus when unpinned...
posted

I have a main form that is using the DockManager to control showing of a UserControl panel that permits selection of items from parent/child grids.  Upon selection of a unique item from the child grid or activation of the "new item" process ( e.g. File | New), the panel is "Unpin"ned and input focus is switched (or least appears to be) to the main forms work space that now displays a UserControl entry screen.  Even though input focus appears to be on the first edit control (blinking cursor in the control) of the entry screen, Hot Keys and Tab events on the now unpinned panel are still active. 

Is there a trick to turning off input focus from a hidden (not Closed)  panel?  I've tried disabling the panel, and several other ideas like that to keep the controls on the hidden panel from intercepting messages while hiddden; however, I have not been successful so far.

Thx,