Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Merging a merged toolbar with a third toolbar
posted

I have three separate UltraToolbarsManager Ribbons on three separate controls:  A UserControl, a MDI Child form (MDIChild), and a MDI Parent form (MDIParent).

In MDIParent, I am programmatically instantiating MDIChild and manually merging MDIParent and MDIChild's UltraToolbarsManagers (by setting MdiMergeable=False on both toolbars and setting MdiParent.ActiveMdiChildManager=MDIChild.UltraToolbarsManager).  Works perfectly.

In MDIChild, I am in turn instantiating UserControl and manually merging MDIChild and UserControl's UltraToolbarsManagers (by setting MdiMergeable=False on both toolbars and setting MDIChild.ActiveMdiChildManager=UserControl.UltraToolbarsManager).

The resulting composite Ribbon in MDIParent contains correctly merged Tabs and correctly RibbonGroups from all three Ribbons, but the Tools in the UserControl UltraToolbarsManager will not merge.  During execution of statement MDIChild.ActiveMdiChildManager=UserControl.UltraToolbarsManager, I get the error "Key not found Parameter name: key".  (In the flow of things, this statement happens after MDIParent.ActiveMdiChildManager=MDIChild.UltraToolbarsManager.)

I understand from research that it is not currently possible to merge two toolbars into one, i.e. ActiveMdiChildManager can be set to only one toolbar at a time.  I am attempting to merge two toolbars and then merge that toolbar with a third, which seems like to me it should work since I'm setting ActiveMdiChildManager for MDIParent and MDIChild to different Toolbars - particularly since Tabs and RibbonGroups are merged correctly across all three toolbars.  Am I missing something that would enable the Tools to be correctly merged, or am I trying to accomplish the impossible?  I would be very grateful for any insight.

Version 8.1.20081.1000

Parents
    posted

Multiple merging is not supported. This includes trying to merge multiple children into a single parent or trying to merge a child with a parent and then that parent with a grandparent. This would have to be implemented as a new feature. I have forwarded this post to the Developer Support Manager to create a feature request on your behalf.

Reply Children