Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Application crash with UltraWinSchedule.v5.3 displaying big red X
posted

I have a Vb.Net (build with Visual Studio 2003) Windows application using Infragistics UltraWinSchedule.v5.3.

It was working fine for years but recently my clients are reporting crashes with big red X displayed instead of the schedule.

It happens only when they install it on new computers. The schedule contains hundreds of appointments and it looks like the control is not able to draw the appointments seeing that fast as the application can load them, as when I put a millisecond of delay between each appointment add, it works fine most of the time.

I know this version of Infragistics is not supported any more but if I have to upgrade I will have to migrate to .Net 2 (at least) which is not that easy – it is a big one and it’s been working fine for the past couple of years – why should I upgrade?

Does anyone have any ideas?

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    posted

A red "X" through our Windows Forms controls means that an exception occurred while the control was painting.

The best way for us to help further is if you can provide us with a stack trace of the exception that occurred.

Based on your description of the issue, my first suspicion is that you are adding data to your UltraCalendarInfo object (or to its data source) on a background thread.  Remember that Windows Forms controls (including ours) are not thread-safe.  If you encountered an exception related to threading in our controls, a red "X" is the most common symptom.  Such exceptions are usually NullReferenceException, IndexOutOfRangeException, or a similar type of exception.  All updates to the UI must be done on the UI thread.

If you're not using threading, then please provide us with a stack trace, so that we can get a better idea of what's happening.

Children