Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Drag and Drop of a WinGrid column header to a WinTextEditor
posted

I would like to drag a column header to a ultratexteditor as a means of selecting that column for another calculation. (I'm allowing the user to 'pivot' the grid and they need to be able to select 3 columns in order to do it.)

I set the 'allow drop' on the ultratexteditor, but I'm not seeing the event come thru.

is what I'm wanting possible?

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hi,

It's possible, but it's complicated. :)

If you are allowing your users to drag and drop columns in the grid to rearrange the column order, then the grid does this internally, and it's not a "real" drag operation. So when you drag over another control, that control will not respond to the normal drag events like DragMove or DragDrop, because there is no actual drag operation taking place - the grid is sort've faking the drag.

So the only way to do something like this would be to turn off the dragging of columns in the grid (via the AllowColMoving property) and then you could start a drag operation in the grid yourself when the user tried to drag a column. This, of course, means that the user would not be able to rearrange columns in the grid - unless you also implement that yourself, too.

Children