Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Conditional formatting
posted

Hi,

I am using conditional formatting on an ultragrid that also supports manual formatting (like excel)

my problem is when i set the backColor of a cell then try to apply a conditional formatting, the cell's backcolor is overriding the conditional formatting applied.(same problem for the forecolor)

i had the same problem for the Bold, italic and underline... i solve it by replacing the False by Default when removing bold or italic or underline... but with the backcolor and forecolor is there a way to let the conditional formatting override the cell's appearance?

thx

Parents
    Suggested Answer
    posted

Conditional Formatting is considered a column-level appearance in the resolution process, so anything set directly on the cell is going to override anything set on the column, by design.  The appearances will be merged, but if you set a BackColor on the column and also on the cell, the cell's BackColor will show.  The only way to let the conditional formatting show is to either not set the appearance on the cell, or use the InitializeRow event instead to set the appearances of cells based on a condition.  If you take the latter approach, you could resolve the appearances yourself to determine which should take precedence.

-Matt

Reply Children