Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Client-only Framework subset and Infragistics
posted

Hello,

I'm trying to build a Visual Studio 2007 C# app with the Client-only Framework subset 3.5 option checked in the project properties, Application Tab.

I'm receiving compiler warnings such as the following:

Warning 2 The referenced assembly "Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinGrid.v9.1, Version=9.1.20091.1000, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7dd5c3163f2cd0cb, processorArchitecture=MSIL" has a dependency on "System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" which is not listed as part of the "Client" TargetFrameworkSubset. If this dependent reference is required, you may get compilation errors.

Can you remove the dependencies to System.Web so developers can use Infragistics with the smaller .NET Framework subset?

Best regards.

Parents
No Data
    posted

Since the System.Web is part of the .NET framework would you have to worry about it? What I mean is if you are installing a program on a clean PC and would need to install the 3.5 framework anyway. If you are installing a program on a machine with the 3.5 framework then System.Web would already be there so it seems either way you are needing the 3.5 framework which includes System.Web.

Children