Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How can I keep RTF hidden text from previewing and printing?
posted

I am working with 9.1 Documents. Using the RTF sample, and the Sample Gallery with modified code to get an RTF string into a MemoryStream. That accomplishes most of what I need. But it appears that text tagged with the RTF hidden text code (e.g. {"\v eg}") is not suppressed from the report. The RTF Namespace Character properties do not include hidden. Is there a way to get hidden text suppressed, or is this a needed enhancement? I suppose in the interim, I could preprocess my text string to remove the hidden text before putting it into the memory stream. But it would be nice for the reader to at least handle the hidden text code and set a character property so I could choose to hide or show hidden text (as Word allows). With a hidden property, the OnChar handler in the RTFExample.vb could determine to not call AddContent if the character had the hidden property.

I also do not believe that the RTFReader class is dealing with the RTF spacing codes \sbN, \saN, \slN, Is that true?

Parents Reply Children