Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Overriding the column header border on the Ultra Grid Document Exporter
posted

I have been having an issue with removing the default blue border from the column header rows in the ultra grid document exporter. I have tried overriding all the borders that can be set in the following events, HeaderRowExporting, HeaderRowExported, HeaderCellExporting, and HeaderCellExported, but nothing I do will override the blue border around the header row.

I have tried setting all border colours to white, and creating new white borders, but nothing is working. Please can someone have a look at this issue for me.

Thanks.

Parents
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hi,

I'd be happy to try to help you with this. But in order to help, I need to know what border you are referring to. There are quite a number of options in the grid regarding appearances, headers, and borders. So I'm not really clear on what blue border you mean or what set of properties are producing it.

Can you post a small sample project that demonstrates what you mean?

Offline posted in reply to Mike Saltzman

Mike,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Below is an example of what the column header row looks like when I set the header row border colour to dark green.

You will notice that there is a blue border just inside the header row border. I can't work out how to override this. Below is the code I used in the 4 main events that handle the header.

---HeaderCellExported

Private Sub ugde_HeaderCellExported(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.DocumentExport.HeaderCellExportedEventArgs) Handles ugde.HeaderCellExported

If Not Me.chkStyle.Checked Then Exit Sub

e.ColumnHeaderContainer.Background = New Background(New    Infragistics.Documents.Graphics.Color(Color.White))

e.GridHeader.Appearance.BorderColor = Color.DarkGreen

End Sub

---HeaderCellExporting

Private Sub ugde_HeaderCellExporting(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.DocumentExport.HeaderCellExportingEventArgs) Handles ugde.HeaderCellExporting

If Not Me.chkStyle.Checked Then Exit Sub
                e.GridHeader.Appearance.BorderColor = Color.DarkGreen

e.GridHeader.Appearance.BackColor = Color.White
                e.GridHeader.Appearance.ForeColor = Color.Black
                e.GridHeader.Appearance.TextVAlign = Infragistics.Win.VAlign.Left

e.GridHeader.Appearance.TextHAlign = Infragistics.Win.HAlign.Left

e.GridHeader.Appearance.FontData.Name = "Agency FB"
                e.GridHeader.Appearance.FontData.SizeInPoints = 14

End Sub

---HeaderRowExported

Private Sub ugde_HeaderRowExported(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.DocumentExport.HeaderRowExportedEventArgs) Handles ugde.HeaderRowExported

'Nothing in here

End Sub

---HeaderRowExporting

Private Sub ugde_HeaderRowExporting(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.DocumentExport.HeaderRowExportingEventArgs) Handles ugde.HeaderRowExporting

If Not IsNothing(e.HeaderContainer) Then e.HeaderContainer.Height = New FixedHeight(20)

End Sub

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm happy that I can set the row header border colour, but I don't understand why there is another blue border just inside of it. It seems to me like some kind of default value.

I hope this helps in answering my question.

Thanks.

Children