Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraGridColumnChooser - Selecting GroupBy Rows
posted

Greetings,

I have recently upgraded from v7.2 to v9.1.20091.2039 of the Infragistics framework, and now my UltraGridColumnChooser controls in my winform apps no longer allow me to select the columns that are also being used in the GroupBy collection of the UltraGrid. The group-by columns do appear in the column chooser, but I cannot check them.

This definitely was working in v7.2, and is no longer working in v9.1.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tristan

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    posted

Well I believe I can answer my own question.  It would appear there is a setting in the grid's DisplayLayout Override options called GroupByColumnsHidden that is now defaulting to true with the new version.  By setting this to false, I am able to select the group-by rows in the column chooser.

Unfortunately, my application allows the user to store their own customized layouts as serialized XML.  When these previously saved layouts are loaded into the grid now, the default for that option is applied, and the columns are not selectable in the chooser.  Can anyone explain why the default for this would've changed in the new version?

Thanks,
    Tristan

Children