Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
I can never find documentation
posted

I'm trying to find the API documentation for UltraCombos. Like everyone else, I immediately turn to Google...

Infragistics Ultracombo api

Nope, nothing. Ok, lets try...

Infragistics Ultrawincombo

Nope, just forum hits. Ok, lets do this the old fashioned way, go to the page, click on API reference. The list of items does not contain UltraWinCombo. Ok, I know it's part of the Grid space, or something like that, so I click there. Nothing there either.

I give up, where's it hidden? And why doesn't Google find it. You need to fix that if you're going to do all your documentation online!

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi Maury,

Thanks for the feedback. In the meantime, let me show you how you can find what you are looking for quickly:

1. I will use the 9.2 NetAdvantage Windows Forms help for this example:

http://help.infragistics.com/NetAdvantage/WinForms/2009.2/CLR2.0/

2.  In the Table of Contents (TOC), locate and expand the following nodes:

Developer's Guide / Controls

In the Controls section, you can find the Combo controls (WinCombo, WinComboEditor, WinDropDown)

3. Each control's TOC entry will have an API Overview topic. The purpose of the topic is to provide you with a link to the namespace(s) that contains the key classes related to that control.  Click on the API Overview topic for WinCombo:

http://help.infragistics.com/Help/NetAdvantage/WinForms/2009.2/CLR2.0/html/WinCombo_API_Overview.html

4. From this point on, you can navigate the namespace or jump directly to the UltraCombo class and drill down into the object model.

Once you start getting familiar with the object model of the various controls and components, you can always jump directly to the API Reference Guide which exists at the root of the TOC and locate the classes from there.

Children