Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Allow reordering of elements in a list
posted

This is my first foray into the Infragistics controls, so bear with me.

My overall problem is that I will have several rows of potentiall rich content (an image maybe a few blocks of text), and I would like to use a control that displays these rows in a way that allows the user to grab a row and change its order in the sequence. Nesting of rows should be disallowed.

I like the demo of the TreeView control with the countries and continents, and it is most of what I need for something I'm working on.

The only thing is that I do not want to allow the user to put nodes under other nodes. Ok, that was actually easy. I found that in the sample code, so I'm good on this point... and thanks for the good sample code.

But I'd still like to: 

- Add more than just an image/tag per row. If I made a user control that represented the layout I want, could I add that as the row contents?

- Remove the dotted lines to the left of each row.

- (optional) Add a border above/below each row. It's moot if I can use a user control for each row as well.

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

sforcier said:
    - Add more than just an image/tag per row. If I made a user control that represented the layout I want, could I add that as the row contents?

We have a control, UltraFormattedTextEditor, that supports rich content, including images and mixed font attributes. You could use this control as an embeddable editor (by assigning it to the Override.EditorControl property).

In the latest release (2009.2), a new control was added, UltraControlContainerEditor, which provides the ability to assign a user control to the node. This also works by assigning an instance of the control to the Override.EditorControl property.

sforcier said:
    Remove the dotted lines to the left of each row.

Set ShowLines and ShowRootLines to false.

Reply Children