Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Large data sets and MouseLeaving problem
posted

Hi :¬)

We have large data sets and we augment the scatercharts we do with robust curve fitting functions
We have found that when a mouse leave the chart this causes a Major regenerations of the chart
I am assuming this is to clean up any tooltips that might be left
It still does this even if Tooltip::Never is used.
I had this problem 3 years ago but it was fixed but its crept back over the years

I am now having make assumptions and edit the source code to get a usable program.

I have included the Source changes I have made and I would be very gratefull if you can think of a stock way to stop OnMouseLeave eventualy causing chart.Dirty to be set to true thus causing major recreation of chart.

UltraWinChart.cs: line 6016 - current 2010.1 SR1 source release

protected override void OnMouseLeave(EventArgs e)
        {
            //MAC this causes massive rebuild of charts when mouse leaves the chart
            //MAC we can not have this it makes our program unusable :¬(
            //MAC even if you have "Tooltips:Never" maybe it should check this
            //MAC From what i can see "this.Tool" is not major part of the ultrachart system
            //MAC damage happens here.. because of "IChartComponent.Invalidate" makes chart.Dirty
            //Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinChart.v10.1.dll!Infragistics.Win.UltraWinChart.UltraChart.Infragistics.UltraChart.Resources.IChartComponent.Invalidate(Infragistics.UltraChart.Shared.Styles.CacheLevel cacheLevel = LayerLevelCache) Line 5498    C#
            //Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinChart.v10.1.dll!Infragistics.Win.UltraWinChart.InteractionTool.InvalidateView(Infragistics.UltraChart.Shared.Styles.CacheLevel cacheLevel = LayerLevelCache) Line 187 + 0xf bytes    C#
            //Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinChart.v10.1.dll!Infragistics.Win.UltraWinChart.DefaultTool.Stop() Line 192 + 0xd bytes    C#
               //Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinChart.v10.1.dll!Infragistics.Win.UltraWinChart.UltraChart.Tool.set(Infragistics.Win.UltraWinChart.IInteractionTool value = null) Line 5890 + 0xf bytes    C#
            //Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinChart.v10.1.dll!Infragistics.Win.UltraWinChart.UltraChart.OnMouseLeave(System.EventArgs e = {System.EventArgs}) Line 6018 + 0xa bytes    C#
            //
            //this.Tool = null;

base.OnMouseLeave(e);
        }

Many thanks as usual :¬)