Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraGrid does not appear on the form
posted

Hi,

Please can anyone help with a problem I'm experiencing with the UltraGrid?

When I drop an UltrGrid onto a WinForm the control appears at the bottom of the form (in the area where you'd expect to see ToolStrip or BindingSource controls), the Grid itself is not displayed on the actual form design area.

When I look at the code generated in the designer it is....

Private Sub InitializeComponent()
        Me.UltraGrid1 = New Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraGrid
        CType(Me.UltraGrid1, System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize).BeginInit()
        Me.SuspendLayout()
        '
        'UltraGrid1
        '
        Me.UltraGrid1.Location = New System.Drawing.Point(0, 0)
        Me.UltraGrid1.Name = "UltraGrid1"
        Me.UltraGrid1.TabIndex = 0
        '
        'Form1
        '
        Me.AutoScaleDimensions = New System.Drawing.SizeF(6.0!, 13.0!)
        Me.AutoScaleMode = System.Windows.Forms.AutoScaleMode.Font
        Me.ClientSize = New System.Drawing.Size(284, 262)
        Me.Name = "Form1"
        Me.Text = "Form1"
        CType(Me.UltraGrid1, System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize).EndInit()
        Me.ResumeLayout(False)

End Sub
Friend WithEvents UltraGrid1 As Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraGrid

I noticed that the line Me.Controls.Add(Me.UltraGrid1) was missing and I added it in.  This caused the Grid to appear on the form but it still wasn't right as it can't be selected or moved etc.  Even when I right click on grid, the popup menu is missing items such as the UltraGrid Designer, Layout Wizard etc..

To confuse matters further, other colleagues working on the same project do not have any problem and this would imply it's my setup rather than the project.  However, if I create a new project then I can add grids to forms without any issue.

I'm using version 8.3.20083.2102 of the UltraWinGrid.

Thanks,

Paul

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    posted

Hello,

Installing the service release and dragging component form the toolbox may cause this designer issue if your toolbox wasn’t not updated with the correct versions of the dll’s. It’s appear that the VS can’t find the correct dll’s. Can you please check which version your toolbox is pointing and if is pointing the old version then try to add the new versions to the toolbox and use them to your application.

Please confirm whether you have run the Toolbox Utility. Failure to do so can also lead to the controls being shown in the tray instead of the form. If you have not run the toolbox utility then I would suggest you to run the Toolbox Utility or manually remove and re-add the controls into the toolbox.

Also I am recommending you to clear the content of the license file if you are experiencing this in existing project.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Dimi

Developer Support Engineer

Infragistics, Inc.

Children