Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsManager Ribbon
posted

Hi,

yet another problem (probably a bug) with the above Toolbar. It is a Office2007-lookalike toolbar that contains the program menu items. The problem is now that it sometimes floats out of its container. I was able to reproduce it in 5% of the cases by these steps:

* expand the Toolbar (Ribbon) by clicking on it

then repeat:

* select a toolbar tool
* maximize the window containing the toolbar
* minimize the toolbar

* at this point the toolbar is visually completely docked out from the window, even if it is still logically a children of the container; the toolbar just keeps sitting at the place where it was before maximizing / minimizing

are there any known bugs or any idea around how this could happen? even more important is the question, whether this can be fixed in code or not?

Greetings,
v.

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello,

Unfortunately this is not a behavior that we have encountered, and I am unable to reproduce your described behavior in a sample application. Any additional details about your application would be helpful.

What version and build of NetAdvantage are you using? What is the UltraToolbarsManager's DockWithinContainer property set to? Is it possible to reproduce the behavior in a sample application (which you can attach to this forum thread)?

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated in attempting to reproduce the issue.

Thanks,

Chris

posted in reply to Christopher Shea

I recently ran into this problem again and was able to take some screenshots. This is how it looks like normally:

Then I double clicked on one of the grey items (in this case: "Allgemein") and suddenly the menu started to float:

At this point I was able to drag and drop around the window while the toolbar kept staying in the same place. Therefore I tried to click around in the ribbon menu (i.e. on the "Einstellungen" tab) to see if it would crash or stop to float. It succesfully rendered itself showing the new content - but still in the floating position:

Cheers!

Reply Children