Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
multiple bands
posted

Hello, 

I need to have 2 bands for my ultraWinGrid layout. In UltraGrid designer I added band[1] as a child for band[0]. I put ViewStyle property to MultiBand. But on InitializeLayout event I have only one band in e.Layout.Bands collection. What should I add in order to get the second band? (and I need to create the second band at design time, not at run time).

Thank you

Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraGridBand ultraGridBand1 = new Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraGridBand("Band 0", -1);

Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraGridColumn ultraGridColumn1 = new Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraGridColumn("Band 1");

Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraGridBand ultraGridBand2 = new Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraGridBand("Band 1", 0);

this.ugRC.DataSource = this.ultraDataSource1;

ultraGridBand1.Columns.AddRange(new object[ {ultraGridColumn1});

ultraGridBand2.MinRows = 1;

this.ugRC.DisplayLayout.BandsSerializer.Add(ultraGridBand1);

this.ugRC.DisplayLayout.BandsSerializer.Add(ultraGridBand2);

this.ugRC.DisplayLayout.Override.AllowAddNew = Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.AllowAddNew.Yes;

this.ugRC.Name = "ugRC";

this.ugRC.InitializeLayout += new Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.InitializeLayoutEventHandler(this.ugRC_InitializeLayout);

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

You cannot add bands to the grid. The grid bands come from the data source. The BandSerializer is intended for internal use by the grid only, you should never use this class in your code.

If you are using an UltraDataSource, then you should be adding the bands and setting up the column in the UltraDataSource and then just bind it to the grid.  

Children