Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Transparent controls in GroupBox
posted

If I put controls in an UltraGroupBox, and set their background to Transparent, they show the wrong backcolor, that is, not the backcolor of the GroupBox (which has a gradient bacground). One of the exceptions to this is the ordinary Panel control, which then allows me to put other controls in the Panel that is filling the groupbox and all *looks* right. Obviously I'd rather not have a hack like this and an extra meaninless control on my form. This doesn't happen all the time, or in every situation.

To repro, put an UltraGroupBox on a form, set the Style to VisualStudio 2005, and then add an UltraTrackBar control and set its backcolor to Transparent. It will show the wrong backcolor. Delete the TrackBar and add a Panel to the groupbox instead, and set it's backcolor to transparent and Dock to fill, it will look right. Now add back an UltraTrackBar to the Panel and set its backcolor to transparent and it will look right where it looked wrong before.

Bob Graham