Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Dock Manager EXTREMELY slow to paint
posted

Hi,

I've noticed than as my form layouts are getting more complex, the repaint when using controls hosted in a dock manager is painfully slow & very noticible. My forms typically have a ribbon strip & a dock manager hosting between 2 & 4 controls.

AS an experiment I downloaded the trial of the DevExpress competitor product, and mimiced the form layouts. This component loads & paint instantly. Is there anything I can do with dockmanager to improve it's load times?

Regards,

J.

Parents
    posted

Do one of your parent controls have Transparent (or any other non-opaque color) set as their BackColor? This is an ambient property and it could be percolating down to other controls, causing them to be transparent by default. This would slow down painting considerably. 

Also, if you are noticing the slowness while loading a layout file for the dock manager, you can try to call SuspendLayout on the Form before loading and ResumeLayout on the Form after.

If these do not help, I would recommend submitting the issue to the support group: http://ko.infragistics.com/gethelp.  There could be a bottleneck in the dock manager.

Reply Children