Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Problem of very beginner
posted

I am having great difficulty that I can not solve and need help.
Fill a DataTable with a sql statement that seeks accounts payable and accounts receivable overdue and wanted to show these accounts are grouped into a treeview format OutlookExpress.

+ Accounts Payable

- Account 1

- Account 2

- Count 3

+ Accounts Receivable

- Account 4

- Count 5

- Count 6

Someone help me please.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Typically the OutlookExpress ViewStyle is used to present data relations that are recursive in nature, i.e., records that exist in a flat table, but where some records refer back to other ones. The classic example is Microsoft's OutlookExpress application (hence the name of the viewstyle), whereby newsgroup articles are presented with the first article as a root node, and each response to it as descendants of that first post. In that exampl, your post here would appear as a root node, and this response to it would appear as a child of that node.

You can get the view you describe above, but it would require that one of the rows in the table represents 'Accounts Payable', that is, would be actual data but a row that you somehow add in there manually. Frankly, however, I have no idea how you would get the data back to the database.

Children