Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraCombo and RowSelectors
posted

I wanted to use multi column combo and give user a possibility to narrow down column lists.

I set "RowSelectors" property as in UltraGrid, that is :

combo.DisplayLayout.Override.RowSelectors = DefaultableBoolean.True

and

combo.DisplayLayout.Override.RowSelectorHeaderStyle = RowSelectorHeaderStyle.ColumnChooserButton

Guess what ... it does not work ... there is no row selector on the combo at all.

Any suggestions?

Parents
    Offline posted

Hi,

RowSelectors are not supported on the UltraCombo. Clicking on a row selects it, so they aren't really needed.

We could, in theory, support them. But supporting the ColumnChooser would be an entirely different matter. It would be very unusual to show a dialog from a dropdown list - not to mention very difficult, since most dropdowns close when the lose the focus.

However, you could implement your own dropdown by using an UltraTextEditor with an UltraGrid control on a DropDownEditorButton. There are a bunch of posts here on the forums which describe this technique, such as this one:

UltraComboEditor - Can I Use a Custom Control for the DropDown? - Infragistics Community

Reply Children