Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
ComboEditor Key_Up/Down Firing Twice
posted

Hi,

I have a combo editor with AutoSuggest turned on. The issue is that I want to populate the list based on the key they press. (When they hit 'W' i am querying the database and populating a valuelist, that valuelist belongs to the Valuelist of this combo box).

With the Key Down, it works nice because it populates the list, then AutoSuggests.(the list pops up automatically) The Key_Down though is firing twice (and I checked, I only have it registered once).

So I moved it to the ValueChanged, and it works but the AutoSuggest does not. I am guessing because I am repopulating the value list as they type. I want to perform the auto suggest after the query (IE, i want it to auto pop)

hope that makes sense.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

I think I have it working better using the Text_Changed Event,..however it does not auto pop the list until the 2nd letter is typed.

if (ucmboCust.Text.Length > 0)
     queryCustomer(true);
    else if (ucmboCust.Text.Length == 0)
     vlCust.ValueListItems.Clear();

Children