Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
ValueList works when key is integer, but not when key is guid.
posted

I am binding lists of objects to an UltraWinGrid on a windows form. Various columns are foreign keys, and so I am using a ValueList to show the description rather than the key of the foreign row.

Regardless of the data type of the key column, the description of the foreign row appears in the cell.

If the key column happens to be an integer, when a different description is selected, upon leaving focus from the cell, the underlying foreign key value is appropriately updated to the new integer value.

However, if the key column happens to be a guid, the cell reverts back to the original value and description upon leaving focus from the cell.

Is there something special I must do to get the guid-based foreign key value to save correctly?

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

It sounds like the column's DataType cannot handle GUIDs. Generally speaking, the behavior you describe is what happens when the column's data type is inconsistent with the type of the data being entered. If you are able to post a simple sample we can take a look and let you know what the problem is.

Children