Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Debugging unexpected column size change
posted

Hoping you'll have some suggestions for me; I've exhausted about everything I can think of hunting for a workaround.  Perhaps you've seen something like this before and can suggest something I haven't thought of.

We're using a grid bound to an IBindingList.  It's working great, except for one annoying bug (or unexpected behavior) which seems to be in grid code rather than in our code. 

Our column resize is AutoFit.  In general, this also works great - but one particular column has its size increased from 28 to 120, and another column which should be larger than the first has its column width reduced.  There are four fixed-width columns in the row.  There are three other non-fixed width columns which look like they have maintained the correct widths relative to each other.

I've done a lot of breakpointing and watching and stepping in my code, and confirmed by looking at the column collection itself that all the columns have the expected width after my code configures them.  Sometime after I run a query which updates the bound list, and before any of my own code is triggered again, the columns change size as described.

Can you tell me any settings or behaviors which might cause the grid to do this internally?

Thanks in advance!

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

There's really not enough information here to go on.

What are the circumstances where the column is changing size? Which column is it? What exactly is your code doing when you say "all the columns have the expected width after my code configures them". What event are you configuring them in?

Can you duplicate the problem in a small sample?  

Children