Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
AutoComplete timeout?
posted

After looking through a number of posts here I finally got the AutoComplete in my UltraDropDown and UltraCombo grid columns working the way the user wants (using AutoCompleteMode.Append). What I've noticed is that you have to fairly quickly type in what you are looking for with no noticable hesitation between characters or the AutoComplete times out and starts over. Is there any way to change the timeout value?

Thanks, Dave

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi Dave,

The behavior you describes only happens when you are using DropDownList style and the user cannot type into the edit portion of the UltraCombo (or the grid cell). In such a case, the control or cell cannot store the text the user types, so it's stored in a buffer and that buffer eventually times out.So you may want to consider using DropDown style, instead of DropDownList.

To answer your question: No, there is no way to change the timout. I am pretty sure the time we use is intended to match the same functionality in Windows Explorer.

Children