Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Upgrade from 10.2 to 10.3
posted

Hi All,

I am planning on upgrading projects from infragistics 10.2 and 10.3 which are on the tfs. When I get the latest and upgrade on my local machine(not tfs server) using version utility, then the project got upgraded. No project files/license files got changed. But the other users have still 10.2 version. If all the users have to see the upgrade, then do I have to do upgrade on tfs server. Do I have to check out the project ? What files get changed while upgrading?

Thanks!

Swetha.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Swetha,

Which product are you using?  Windows Forms?  Any files with assembly references (ex. Infragistics2.Shared.v10.2, Version=10.2.20102.1004) will be changed during the upgrade.  You can run the upgrade on a copy of the project locally, and then view the log file after the upgrade to see exactly what changed.  There should be a link "View the upgrade log to see what we changed" on the last screen.

As for upgrading a project that is source controlled:

1. Confirm that the project has upgraded successfully locally (not bound to source control).

2. Get the latest version, and check out the project from TFS.  You can also check out only the files that will be upgraded if you'd like.  You can always review the pending changes before checking the files in.

3. Upgrade the project locally in the folder that the project is mapped to through TFS.  For example, if I get the latest version of my project to C:\MyProjectFromTFS, then I want to use that project in the upgrade.

4. Confirm that the changes are correct in the pending changes window in TFS.  You can compare the local version to the server version.

5. Check in the project to TFS.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Elizabeth Albert
    Localization Engineer

Children